With Comic-Con kicking off in San Diego this weekend, and anticipation continually snowballing for the forthcoming DC Comics movie — Superman v Batman: Dawn of a Paycheck — I once again find myself CONSTANTLY having to explain to people “No [sir or madam], I’m not action superstar and mega heartthrob Henry Cavill or any other Superman stud, I’m just a man trying to discreetly order from the Taco Bell dollar menu.” However, just to show that I’m not totally without empathy for the legions of people who can’t tell the difference between me and America’s most iconic superhero, here are a handful of ways in which Superman and I are the same.
Things Superman and I Have in Common:
1) We’re both solar powered.
2) We’re both older than we look.
3) We both love wearing spandex.
4) We are both dog people.
5) We share a love of primary colors.
6) We’re both overqualified for our day jobs.
7) Both of us regret how we dressed in the ‘90s.
8) Neither of us actually need to wear glasses, but sometimes we do anyway.
9) We both have a photographer friend named Jimmy.
10) We’re each always on the lookout for an excuse to take our clothes off in public.
11) We were both raised by loving families in the Midwest, despite not being from that area originally.
12) We both tend to get hung up on one girl for way too long.
13) Both of us love strong and consistent branding, and simple logos.
14) We’re both alien orphans from dying planets who came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men — who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel with our bare hands, and who — disguised as mild mannered reporters for a great metropolitan newspaper — fight a never-ending battle for truth, justice and The American Way.
15) We’re both reaping the benefits of white privilege in society and the glass ceiling at the workplace.
…Want more Mind Bullets? New posts go up every Wednesday at noon PST (or as close to that as I feel like), and you can subscribe if you want them delivered right to your inbox! …Or if you’re too impatient to wait that long you can follow me on twitter, instagram, youtube (new videos every Monday), and my boring personal website. Whew, that’s a lot of self promotion…even I don’t like me enough to keep up with all that.